The Douglas County Master Gardeners are having a native plant sale. Here’s your chance to choose from a wide selection at great prices. Read more for the details.
Saturday, June 6th, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM at the Douglas County Fairgrounds Extension Office outside the office building along the sidewalk under the overhang. At 2110 Harper in Lawrence.
The plants will be sold for $4.00 each or 3 plants for $10.00, a bargain at twice the price!
These are “bee-friendly” grown without pesticides. Here’s the plant list.
- Asclepias tuberosa (Butterfly milkweed)
- Baptisa australis (Blue indigo)
- Baptisia bracteata vvar. lleucophoea (Cream white indigo)
- Echinacea pallida (Pale purple coeflower)
- Echinacea purpurea (Purple coneflower)
- Eutrotrichum maculatum (Joe pye weed)
- Glandularia canadensis (Rose verbena)
- Helenium autumnale (Sneeze weed)
- Heliopsis helianthoides (Ox-eyed sunflower)
- Liatris aspera (Rough blazing star)
- Liatris pycnostachya (Prairie blazing star)
- Labelia cardinalis (Cardinal flower)
- Mondarda fisrulosa (Wild bergamot)
- Penstemon digitalis (Foxglove beardtongue)
- Pycnanthemum teuuifolium (Slender mountatin mkint)
- Rudbeckia hirta (Black-eyed susan)
- Salvia azurea (Blue sage)
- Solidago flexicalus (Broad-leaved goldenrod)
- Verbena stricta (Hornay vervain)
- Zizia aurea (Golden alexander)